Saturday, May 12, 2007

DOES HOLLYWOOD THINK ITS ABOVE THE LAW?

By Schuyler Thorpe
Author and Political Activist

Back in 1997, I was living at a men’s mission–and classified as being “technically homeless”–after having some living arrangement problems of my own.

At one point, I had missed the curfew time of the mission and was facing a cold night out on the street.

So–as dumb as I was–I decided that for survival’s sake, I would break into the storage place I had my stuff in, and grab a blanket for the night.

To make a long story short, I got busted for breaking and entering. I spent a week at the jail, then paid my fine and moved on.

But it seems odd don’t you think? In the last 10 years or so, the Hollywood elite seems to think that it is above the law–and so they go out of their way to break those laws–and then whine about it when they get caught.

None of these retards ever serve any serious jail time for the crimes they’ve committed in society!

What? Do they think it’s just some big joke? That their money, wealth, and fame, can save them from spending a few months in jail to more than 20 years in prison for the shit they‘ve pulled?

So why is Paris Hilton so highly rated that she can escape spending 45 days behind bars?!

Take a cue from society, you spoiled bitch: You do the crime, you do the time!!!

And that goes for the rest of you Hollywood throwbacks! Stop treating the crimes you commit as being ‘no big deal’! If you want people to start looking up to you and idolizing you–then you had better start playing by the rules of law and pay a penance to society when you get caught!

You’re not doing yourselves any favors by playing the role of the innocent and expecting leniency when any of you break the law!

This is not the kind of role model my kids should have!

Schuyler Thorpe is an author, a political activist, and a frequent letter writer to The Everett Herald of Snohomish County. He can be reached at: starchildalpha1@yahoo.com

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home